Peach resin, also known as peach gum, tao jiao (桃胶) is resin secreted from peach trees which has solidified when collected. It is totally natural & nutritious, a natural nourishing delicacy which is the Asian secret to beautiful skin due to the large amount of collagen it contains. The preparation method, taste, texture & nutritional values are similar to the more expensive snow jelly & bird’s nest. The more affordable peach resin is becoming popular and known as the “commoners bird’s nest”.
Peach resin appears to be amber in colour and glow through the light, the clearer the higher grade with less impurities, the darker the more impurities. Impurities are usually the tree bark & dirt that stick to the resin in the nature & during the collection & packing process. The impurities in peach resin can be easily removed when the peach resin is soaked in water.
- Boosts function of the spleen and stomach.
- Fibre helps to maintain healthy digestive system and prevent constipation. 3. Cleanses blood from toxins and helps build up the immune system.
- Helps decrease the levels of serum triglyceride, LDL cholesterol, fasting blood glucose, plasma insulin, C-peptide and HbAlc.
- Antioxidant and antibacterial.
1. Soak the peach gum pieces for at least 15-20 hours until thoroughly soft. Ensure there are no hard lumps remaining on any of the pieces.
2. Remove any impurities or dirty spots on the peach gum.
3. Cook for 30 mins with any dessert soups.
*30g of peach gum is sufficient for 3-4 servings.
How To Consume: See usage directions.
Ingredients: Peach Gum.
Storage Instructions: Store in an airtight container or in its original resealable bag to maintain freshness. Keep in a cool, dry place. Avoid exposure to sunlight or excessive heat.